18 May, 2012

How to transfer a Pokémon from Global Link to your DS

You can transfer Pokémon you've encountered in the Dream World to your Pokémon Black/White game. I saw that there's a Lucario promotion going on until 23 May 2012 (thanks Sanne!) which you can befriend in the Dream World and send it to your game through Game Sync. As I haven't caught Lucario yet, I wanted to have it. 

It was my first time using Dream World, so I had to figure out how it works. I got a little confused XD I managed to get Lucario in my game, so below there's a step-by-step explanation about how to tranfer a Pokémon from the Dream World to your copy of Black or White. I don't know if more people didn't really get it or if I'm the only one lol XD But anyway, I hope this helps!



1. Turn on your DS with Pokémon Black or White and tuck in a Pokémon through Game Sync (turn your C-Gear on -> Online -> Game Sync). You can put your DS off or in sleep mode after your Pokémon is asleep.

2. Visit the Pokémon Global Link website on your computer and log in. Click on the big purple button to enter the Pokémon Dream world.

3. Befriending a Pokémon: As far as I know there are 2 different ways to do this:
  • You encouter random Pokémon simply by walking around the Dream World. When you walk around you'll spot rustling grass/trees etc. and whenever you click on it, a Pokémon appears and it'll make you do a mini game! If you win it'll befriend you.
  • Sometimes there are special events like this Lucario promotion I mentioned before. Such an event simply works by using a 'special password' you have to find somewhere (a game magazine for example, or you can just Google it). When you've entered the correct password under Promotions (Global Link website > Promotion > [chosen promotion]), this Pokémon will automatically be sent to Dream World and you've actually already befriended it.
4. Sending your befriended Pokémon to your game: Now this is the part where I got all confused. Here's what you have to do: 
  • Enter your own room inside the Dream World and click on the button 'Check Friend Board'. Here you can see all the Pokémon you've befriended inside Dream World. Close it again.
  • To send them to your game, click the button in the upper right corner to 'Leave the Pokémon Dream World'. You'll get to choose from three options. Choose this one: 'Exit and prepare to wake up'. You'll eventually leave the Dream World and get taken back to the Global Link homepage. On the left information bar you can see that your Pokémon is ready to wake up.
5. Turn on your DS again. Start Game Sync once again (C-Gear -> Online -> Game Sync). Your Pokémon will wake up now.

6. Go to Entralink (C-Gear -> Wireless -> Entralink). Note: You'll have to be outside to do this.

7. Once you've entered the Entralink, walk a bit to the north and enter the forest. You'll see the Pokémon that have been sent from the Dream World. Approach it and you'll be engaged into a battle. Open your bag, throw a Dream Ball (these will appear in your bag automatically), and your Pokémon has been sent to your PC.

Lucario I transfered from Dream World
Personally, I think it's rather complex for those who are using these features for the first time, but you'll get your Pokémon eventually. I hope this is of any help! ^^

If there's anything that I typed up here that isn't correct, not clear enough, or if you have any suggestions, please do let me know.

2 comments:

  1. This helped sooo much. Believe me, you're not the only one who got confused :D Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one, haha thank you! And you're welcome! ^^

      Delete

Leave a comment in either English or Dutch~ :3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...